THIS IS AN AGREEMENT CONCERNING YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS APPLICATION (THE “SOFTWARE”). THE TOU IS AN AGREEMENT MADE BY AND BETWEEN YOU AND SCORE MEDIA VENTURES INC. (“THESCORE”). PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SOFTWARE, AND YOU MUST UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE FROM ANY DEVICE OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY YOU.
THIS AGREEMENT REQUIRES BINDING ARBITRATION TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, AND YOU AGREE THAT ANY SUCH DISPUTE OR CLAIM WILL BE RESOLVED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR ARBITRATION. PLEASE REVIEW SECTION 15 CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE RESOLUTION OF ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE.
Governing Documents: This Agreement incorporates by reference:
- any usage guidelines posted by theScore (collectively, “Governing Documents”). By using the Software, you agree to be bound by the Governing Documents.
- License: Subject to your compliance in all material respects with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Usage Rules set forth in the iTunes App Store Terms of Service, theScore grants you a restricted, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to install and use the Software on an iOS personal mobile device that you own and control, in machine executable object code form only and solely for personal, non-commercial purposes.
Restrictions: You may not:
- use, copy, print, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, market, deliver, rent, lease, sublicense, make, have made, assign, pledge, transfer, sell, offer to sell, import, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display or otherwise grant rights to the Software, or any copy thereof, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted under this Agreement;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or translate the Software, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code, architectural framework or the data records of the Software, or authorize any third party to do any of the foregoing;
- access the Software for purposes of developing, marketing, selling or distributing any product or service that competes with or includes features substantially similar to the Software;
- loan, resell or distribute the Software, or any part thereof, in any way; or
- use the Software in any way that does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ownership: theScore or its licensors and suppliers own all rights, title and interest in the Software (including, but not limited, to all copyrights, patents, patent applications, trade secrets, trademarks, source code, text and any images, photographs, icons, graphics, animations, video, audio, music, and all other materials incorporated within the Software), and the Software is protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Software is licensed, not sold, to you for use only under the terms and conditions of this Agreement. theScore reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
- Open Source Software: The Software may include open source software components. For information about such components, please visit https://www.playsquadup.com/support/legal/ossd-ios.
NO WARRANTY: YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THESCORE AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, MANDATARIES, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, “THESCORE PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OR ARISING FROM STATUTE, COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT, NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THESCORE PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY AND PROVIDE NO CONDITIONS THAT:
- THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS;
- ACCESS TO THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; OR
- THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THESCORE PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY TYPE OR MANNER OF COMMERCIAL, BUSINESS OR FINANCIAL LOSS, EVEN IF THESCORE PARTIES HAD ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THESCORE’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE EXCEED $100. CERTAIN STATE AND PROVINCIAL LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold theScore Parties harmless from and against any claim, demand, loss, damage, cost, liability and expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from or arising out of your:
- access to or use of the Software;
- violation of this Agreement or any law or regulation; or
- violation of any rights of another party.
- Termination: This Agreement is effective until terminated by you or theScore. Your rights under this Agreement shall terminate automatically without notice from theScore if you violate any of the terms of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, all rights granted to you under this Agreement shall immediately terminate, but all other provisions shall survive termination.
- Changes to Software: theScore reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Software or any product or service to which it connects, with or without notice and without liability to you. theScore may at its sole discretion from time to time develop patches, bug fixes, updates, upgrades and other modifications to improve the performance of the Software or related services (“Updates”). theScore may develop Updates that require installation by you before you continue to access or use the Software or related services. Updates may also be automatically installed without providing any additional notice to you or receiving any additional consent from you. The manner in which Updates may be automatically downloaded and installed is determined by settings on your device and its operating system.
Legal Compliance: You represent and warrant that you are not:
- located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, listed in the Area Control List under Canada’s Export and Import Permits Act, or designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country;
- listed on any U.S. or Canadian Government list of prohibited or restricted parties, including, but not limited to, the Specially Designated Nationals List; and
- a resident of or located in a jurisdiction where participation in the Squad Up service is prohibited under the terms of the Governing Documents.
U.S. Government Entities: This section applies to access to or use of the Software by a branch or agency of the United States Government. The Software consists of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and qualifies as “commercial items” as defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101. The Software is provided to the United States Government:
- for acquisition by or on behalf of civilian agencies, consistent with the policy set forth in 48 C.F.R. 12.212; or
for acquisition by or on behalf of units of the Department of Defense, consistent with the policies set forth in 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 and 227.7202-3. The United States Government shall acquire only those rights set forth in this Agreement with respect to the Software, and any access to or use of the Software by the United States Government constitutes:
- agreement by the United States Government that that the Software is “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as defined in this section; and
- acceptance of the rights and obligations herein.
For Canadian Residents: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflict of laws principles. Applicable laws may require that the laws of the Canadian jurisdiction in which you reside apply, in which case the laws of such jurisdiction will apply.
For All Others: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the United States Federal Arbitration Act, other applicable federal laws and the laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflict of laws principles.
For All Users: The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically excluded from application to this Agreement.
BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER: ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE VALIDITY, APPLICABILITY OR INTERPRETATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, SHALL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT, EXCEPT THAT YOU MAY ASSERT CLAIMS IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT IF YOUR CLAIMS QUALIFY. THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND COURT REVIEW OF AN ARBITRATION AWARD IS LIMITED.
The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its then-applicable rules, including (as appropriate) its Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA's rules are available at http://www.adr.org/. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules.
The arbitration shall be conducted in the English language by a single independent and neutral arbitrator. For any hearing conducted in person as part of the arbitration, you agree that:
For Canadian Residents: The hearing will be conducted in Toronto, Ontario, Canada or the city within Canada in which you reside; or
For All Others. The hearing will be conducted in the County and State of New York or the city within the United States in which you reside.
The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding. Judgment on the arbitral award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE RESOLVED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR ARBITRATION. IF FOR ANY REASON A CLAIM PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN IN ARBITRATION, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND AGREE THAT SUCH CLAIM SHALL BE BROUGHT ONLY IN:
FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS: A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION IN TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA; OR
FOR ALL OTHERS. THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK OR, IF FEDERAL JURISDICTION IS NOT AVAILABLE, IN THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW YORK COUNTY.
YOU HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF SUCH COURTS AND WAIVE ANY OBJECTION ON THE GROUNDS OF VENUE, FORUM NON-CONVENIENS OR ANY SIMILAR GROUNDS WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH PROCEEDING.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you and theScore may seek injunctive relief and any other equitable remedies from any court of competent jurisdiction to protect our intellectual property rights, whether in aid of, pending or independently of the resolution of any dispute pursuant to the arbitration procedures set forth above.
- General: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and theScore concerning your access to and use of the Software. It supersedes any prior or contemporaneous oral or written negotiations and agreements between you and theScore with respect to such subject matter. You may not assign any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement to another party without the express written consent of theScore. The failure of theScore to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, then such provision shall be construed, limited, modified or, if necessary, severed to the extent necessary to eliminate its invalidity or unenforceability, without in any way affecting the remaining parts of this Agreement. It is the express wish of the parties that this Agreement and all related documents be drawn up in English. C’est la volonté expresse des parties que la présente convention ainsi que tous les documents y afférents soient rédigés en anglais. The parties acknowledge that this Agreement is concluded between you and theScore only, and not with Apple, and Apple is not responsible for the Software and the contents thereof. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Software. theScore, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims from you or any third party relating to the Software or your possession and/or use of the Software, including, but not limited to, product liability claims, any claim that the Software fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement and claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and Apple shall have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Agreement against you as a third-party beneficiary hereof. theScore, not Apple, shall be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any intellectual property infringement claim attributable to the Software.