Any questions in this regard may be directed to the Privacy Compliance Officer using the contact information provided below.
2. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect the following types of information as follows:
- Information you provide us directly: We may ask for certain information such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, username, password, third-party social networking service username or user ID and password, physical location information, driver’s license information, age and date of birth, other demographic information, profile picture, payment account information, financial account information, Social Security number or comparable national identifiers, documentation and information required for tax compliance, and other information to use the Service, or if you contact or interact with us. We may also retain any messages you send through the Service, and may retain other information you voluntarily provide us with including your comments, chat logs and other content. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, and as further detailed below.
- Payment Information: To facilitate the distribution of prizes, you will need to provide your PayPal account or other supported payment method information.
- Information we may collect or receive from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties including third-party social networking services such as Facebook. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Service. You may also unlink your third-party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third-party service. We also may collect information about you from third-party business partners, publicly available sources and our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Analytics information: We may directly collect information or we or our third-party business partners may use analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. Please visit https://www.playsquadup.com/support/legal/tracking for additional information about how you can manage preferences regarding analytics information.
- Cookies information: When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your device that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time. A persistent cookie remains on your device after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can set your browser to refuse certain cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is limited or disabled.
- Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a Web page or other content within the Service. We may also receive log information relating to your use of our Apps. When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, operating system, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. This information is used to monitor, assess, diagnose problems with, and improve the Service.
- Unique identifiers: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smartphones or tablets), we or our third-party business partners may access, assign, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more unique identifiers, such as a universally unique identifier (UUID). Unique identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A unique identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A unique identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A unique identifier may also be used to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service.
- Advertising identifiers: Advertising identifiers are unique strings associated with your mobile device provided by the operating system. Please visit https://www.playsquadup.com/support/legal/tracking for additional information about how you can reset advertising identifiers and limit advertising tracking.
- Location data: When you access the Service, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude), Wi-Fi data, IP addresses or similar information regarding the location of your device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled. In certain jurisdictions where users are not eligible to use the Service or if you do not enable location services, you will not be able to use certain functions of the Service.
- Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you electronic messages containing Service-related notices (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, feature notifications, technical and security notices). We may also send you electronic messages containing promotions and special offers. You can also stop receiving electronic messages (other than Service-related notices) from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications or by changing your account preferences or settings.
Use of certain service type information we collect: We use or may use unique identifiers, advertising identifiers, and location data information to:
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service,
- provide personalized content and information,
- provide and monitor the effectiveness of the Service;
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns,
- diagnose or fix technology problems,
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in,
- provide targeted advertising to your browser or device,
- automatically update our App on your mobile devices,
- allow you to comment on or provide content and participate in contests or promotions, and
- conduct research or surveys.
- With consent: We may use your information for any other purpose for which you consent.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- What happens in the event of a business change: If we become involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
Instances where we are required to share your information: Regardless of the choices you make regarding your information and to the extent permitted or required by applicable law, we may disclose information about you to third parties to:
- comply with law, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- protect our rights, reputation, safety and property, or that of our users or others;
- protect against legal liability;
- establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims or
- We do not sell, rent, or share information about personally identifying characteristics (e.g., name, email address, age, gender) we collect directly from you or about you from third parties with third-party ad platforms for their own marketing purposes, unless you choose in advance to have such information shared for this purpose.
- Please note that an advertiser may ask us to show an ad to a certain audience of users (e.g., based on demographics or other interests). In that situation, we determine the target audience and we serve the advertising to that audience and only provide anonymous aggregated data to the advertiser. If you respond to such an ad, the advertiser or ad server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
- not require your approval, and
- be without further payment of compensation or other form of consideration or notice to you.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We care about the security of your information, and take physical, technological and administrative measures to protect the information you submit via the Service against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Electronic communications sent to or from the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- You control your account information and settings: You may unlink your third-party account from the Service by adjusting your setting on the third-party service or within the Service. You may request that we delete your third-party account information by contacting us as described in “How to Contact Us” below. If you unlink your third-party account, or requests that your third-party account information be deleted, you may no longer have access to the Services. You can also stop receiving electronic messages (other than Service-related notices) from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications.
- Access, questions or concerns: If you have any questions or concerns, or if you simply want to know whether we have any of your personal information on file, you may contact a Privacy Compliance Officer as described in “How to Contact Us” below. Except as set out in applicable privacy laws, we can tell you whether we hold personal information about you. We will allow you access to your personal information. We will use reasonable efforts to tell you the source of the information and give an account of the use that has been made or is being made of the information and the third parties to whom it has been disclosed. If you are not satisfied with the response from a Privacy Compliance Officer after making a request, you have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy laws.
- Do Not Track: At this time, we do not recognize “do not track” signals sent from browsers.
- Managing the collection of your information for analytics and advertising purposes: Please refer to your device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools, including how to reset your advertising identifiers and limit advertising tracking. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms. Please visit https://www.playsquadup.com/support/legal/tracking for additional information on how you can manage your preferences regarding analytics information, reset advertising identifiers and limit advertising tracking. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user’s online activities over time and across different sites when a user uses the Service.
6. HOW long we keep your information and Your Content
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Service. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
For user account related inquiries, please contact our customer support team by email at email@example.com.
c/o Score Sports
500 King Street West, 4th Floor
Toronto, ON M5V 1L9